Thursday, October 16, 2008

First 5 Weeks








On September 9, 2008 at 6:14am we welcomed Rylan Turner to our family. Seeing that I am deathly afraid of needles. I was praying for a quick and easy delivery. It was quick but not so easy. We did not know at the time that he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. When I was told to push, his heart rate dropped dramatically, and my doctor pulled him out. Once he was out, there were no cries except for my own. A couple of minutes passed and we were not sure he was OK. But the wonderful nurses took him and did what they needed to do, and we then heard the sweetest cry.


In celebration of his 5 weeks, here are some of my favorite pictures.



3 comments:

kate said...

be sure to check out blurb.com it is free publishing software that will allow you to upload your blog and then print it in a hard bound book just like a journal/scarpbook. it is the whole reason i am doing this blog.

nicole said...

Congratulations on your new baby boy, Rylan! Your boys are beautiful! I found your blog through Kate's, and I am looking forward to reading more about your family. Blogging is a great way to document those special moments that come with raising children.I hope that you are doing good.

Amy said...

Yay Liz! He is beautiful! I hope you come home soon so that I can see him and you too. I miss you tons!
Love,
Amy