Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sweet 16




It is hard to believe that 16 years ago my beautiful niece was born. I can remember it like it was yesterday, Clif calling to tell Mom and me that Catherine Alexandria, better known as Allie had arrived. He was so funny describing her hair and her cone head - thankfully that went away! At the time I was a freshman in high school, and now Allie is a sophomore in high school. It seems like a lifetime has passed. With that being said, I would like to share some of my favorite memories of Miss Allie. First, she always loved to control the radio as a child and today too, but her taste has changed from Barney to John Mayer and Sugarland. Now I am listening to Barney! Allie used to love to mix up her food. I remember going to Olive Garden and she put bread sticks, spaghetti, and sugar into her water glass and then proceeded to drink it. Or the time Allie was telling me that her Daddy told her that she was going to see her Uncle Hal at the zoo with the gorillas. Or the time she was running around in her diaper while my friends Crystal, Nicole and I were getting ready for the Christmas dance. Now Allie is getting ready for her own dances. A most recent memory is me letting Allie drive for the first time…what an experience! I am assuming that since she passed her driving test she is not using both feet to drive! But one of my favorite memories is shopping with Allie and my sister the day after Christmas, which has been a tradition since she was born. Hopefully, we will continue this forever!

Allie, I used to hold you and play with you when you were a baby and now you are holding my babies…wow time flies by! Every time I think about you, you bring a smile to my face. You have grown up from a cute little Gerber baby with all your rolls to a beautiful teenager before my eyes. If I had a little girl, I would want her to be just like you! My birthday wish for you is that your life becomes everything that you have dreamed of and that you do not lose site of what you want in the future. We love you, Allie! Happy Sweet 16!
(Pictures above are 1-Allie was 7 months 2- Allie 1 year and Aunt Liz-yes the hair was bad 3- Allie was 2 years old 4- Christmas 2007 5- Adrian's Wedding June 2008)

1 comment:

nicole said...

Wow! I can't believe Allie is 16! I will always remember her as the little girl in her diaper...cute as can be! She has grown into a beautiful girl! She looks a lot like your sister, huh?