Monday, January 12, 2009

Boy Oh Boy!

BOYS!!!
There is something about little boys and the potty! Holden has been potty trained since he turned 2 and I knew this day would come, but I was hoping it would be a little later, say age 5 or 6! What day is that you ask?? The day that he wanted to start pottying standing up! Yes, I know I am a bad mommy for discouraging this "activity" but I just knew it would be something else I would have to clean! Well, this day has come! He had disappeared for a while and I was not sure if something was wrong, even though he always tells me he needs his "piracy" (privacy), I decided to check on him and what did I see....my little man as high on his tip toes as possible and leaned over the potty. I did not want to say anything to scare him because one small move and he would be in the potty!! After he finished he noticed me and the look on his face was priceless-"like I finally have accomplished something" look. And what did he say-"Momma, high-five I am a big boy now!" He was so proud!
Well, big boy do you think it is too much to ask that you make it into the actual potty?? Probably! Instead, I guess I need to stock up on Clorox wipes for "our" little misses!

No comments: