Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day at the Zoo

Since Spring Break seemed to sneak up on me, I really did not have too many activities planned for the week. After checking the weather forecast, we decided the best day for the zoo would be Wednesday. Kevin took a vacation day and joined us.
I woke up early to pack the diaper bag and make muffins. I noticed it was dreary outside. Hmm...was the weather forecaster wrong? Let's just say when I go back to work, I should be a weather forecaster-you never have to be right and you will still have a job! But we had already promised Holden we were going and Kevin had taken off, so we went anyways hoping for blue skies and warmer weather.

Even though the weather was poor, the animals apparently loved it. All of them were out and awake for visitors! Here are some of our favorite animals...
Yes, the kangaroo's were fighting! I guess one did not wake up on the right side of the bed:)


Holden brushing the animals in the petting zoo




The family on the train

1 comment:

nicole said...

Great zoo pics! And I love the kangaroos fighting pic, too. My boys would love that!