Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Holden is on Spring Break this week so, I decided that we would have our own St. Patrick's Day celebration. Wanting it to be a surprise when he woke up this morning, I decorated last night. From the look on his face I think he was surprised.

I tried to do everything green, which was a little harder than I thought. In the end, I decided to just go with Lucky Charms and a bagel with green colored cream cheese. After breakfast we went to Barnes and Noble for a St. Patrick's Day story time to end our celebration.
On a side note, I wanted to share a cute story from this morning. While Holden was eating breakfast he said,"Mom, thank you leprechaun for buying all theses treats for me. And for all the gold. I love the leprechaun with all my heart" I was thrilled he liked it so much so I said, "Oh, you are welcome Holden. I love you with all my heart" Holden's response to me was, "Mom you are not the leprechaun! The leprechaun lives at the North Pole. Can you write it on your list to tell him for me?" Sure- I guess I will send a thank you note to the leprechaun. If I remember to put it on my list of "things to do"!

If you are wondering-what does this child have on? Yesterday, I was cleaning out Holden's closet and drawers and came upon these Buzz Lightyear PJ's that are 2 sizes too small. Well, he spotted them as I was putting them in the container and wanted to wear them. Thinking that he would realize that they were too short and too tight. I kept them out. Oh but I was wrong! Mom, they fit perfect if you wear a long sleeve shirt under it! Oh he keeps me laughing:)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: