Monday, March 2, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

I love being a mother. However, there is one thing I could do without, sick little ones! Especially vomiting!!! On the way to preschool this morning, Holden said his tummy was hurting so as any good mother would do I turned the car around to go back home. We were not that far from home, maybe two or three stop lights when I looked back to see the color of his face go from normal to green. And just our luck, we got stuck at each red light making it LONGER to get home. We pulled into the garage but it was too late - he was already sick! Needless to say, he was hysterical not only because he did not feel well but because it was all over him! YUCK, YUCK,YUCK!!!
After cleaning him up, he parked himself on the couch to watch a movie. (Actually, it turned into a Disney Movie Marathon)
(Yes, we do own other pajamas! However, these ugly superhero ones are his favorite and that is what he wanted to put on after he was cleaned up)
Once I got Rylan down for his nap, I was left with the nasty chore of cleaning the car, car seat, bathroom, and washing the clothes! For those of you who have not had the pleasure of cleaning a car seat full of vomit, let me tell you that is the WORST JOB EVER!!! Who ever thought there were so many crevasses it could get into! After an hour of cleaning and disinfecting, I checked my email only to see that school was cancelled due to snow. What snow?? I know most of the United States was being covered in snow but we did not get any. Look at the picture of Holden in the yard yesterday. As you can see, we just got a dusting of snow. But I guess it was enough to call off school. If only I would have known maybe then we would have been sick at home! Oh well, I guess I should have checked email or the television. Lesson learned!

If that were not enough, after Holden calmed down, he remembered he was missing Dr. Seuss' Birthday party at school. I told him no one was at school to have the party, he felt better. (He only goes M,T,TH so he looks so forward to seeing his friends) Unfortunately, I did not have the heart to tell him he will be missing school tomorrow since he has the stomach virus. I better think of some way to celebrate at home. I am thinking Green Eggs and Ham does not sound too appetizing! Maybe just toast and a book! Oh the joys of motherhood!

I tried to keep Rylan away from Holden so that he does not get any of his germs. While I folded laundry, he played in his crib. Such a good baby:)

No comments: