Monday, April 13, 2009

What A Night!!

On Friday, Kevin and I had tickets to see Georgia's own Sugarland and Luke Bryan in concert. By the way, Luke Bryan is a cutie!! When we left the house, it looked like it was going to storm but Kevin's parents said they would be fine. We called after dinner to see how they were doing, and they said Rylan cried when we left and did not stop until he went to bed. But again, they said that they were fine and were getting ready to read to Holden and put him to bed. When we got to our seats at the Gwinnett Arena, it was about 7:30 and I asked Kevin if we should call again - he answered, "No, they are fine, stop worrying!"
After the great concert, we were driving home talking about how we thought Holden probably conned the grandparents into something. When we arrived home, Sadako was asleep on the sofa and Leroy was pacing the floors with a look on his face that said, "Something happened. " So, he proceeds to tell us that the tornado sirens went off and that they had to wake the boys not once but twice to seek shelter in the downstairs walk-in closet. He said there was hail, wind, and lots of crying!! And one more thing, the tree fell and hit the fence. WOW, what a night!!! I think the Grandparents needed a stiff drink or two after that night! I do not think they will be volunteering any time soon!!!
The next morning it seemed like both boys woke up at the crack of dawn to make sure we were at home! Holden proceeded to tell me how the wind was blowing and that the tree crashed into our fence and then he screamed, and I quote, "bloody murder". Holden said, "Next time you leave, I am not going to be ok, ok". Oh, Holden!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I'm laughing reading this, although I'm sure it was pretty scary at the time :) We had a situation similar last year, but I think I was the one that was completely panicked.