Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Change of Scenery? We Are Moving!

The past two months have been stressful since Kevin was laid off from AIG. And no, he did not receive a large taxpayer bonus. After weeks of phone interviews and several cross country trips, our family had a decision to make. Kevin was fortunate enough and blessed to receive two job offers: Liberty Mutual in Cincinnati, Ohio or Travelers in Hartford, Connecticut. As a Southern Girl, neither one sounded appealing! However, we had a decision to make. After many thoughts and prayers, we decided that Cincinnati was the best fit for our family. I will mention that Kevin tried to convince me that Ohio was part of the Confederacy and sorta like the South. At any rate, Kevin will be leaving on June 29th to start his new job while the boys and I will stay here until the house sells. Wish us luck!

As you might know, change is difficult. I have lived in the Atlanta metro area for 10 years - met my husband, bought our first house and had two wonderful boys. It will be especially hard saying goodbye to Kevin's family. They have been such a blessing to us and our boys. Goodbyes are never easy, but it reminds me of this verse: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain" Hebrews 13:8. So we embark on the next chapter of this strange, wonderful journey in Ohio.

8 comments:

watchtheflowersgrow said...

Oh my gosh! What a big move...wow!
The North is not all bad. Think of all the fun your boys will have in the snow this winter, although you and Kevin could probably do without the shoveling. :)
Best wishes to you and your family and I will keep my fingers crossed for a fast sale so your family is not separated for too long. Hope you continue to keep up your blog so we can stay connected this way.

nicole said...

Wow! I know change is scary, and I will be praying for you and your family and the move you are making. And that you won't be separated too long because I know that won't be easy, either. Best wishes!

Amy said...

What a surprise! I hate that you are having to move :( Atlanta is far enough away as it is, but you'll always be just a plane ticket away from home. Good luck!

Christi said...

I was really hoping it was going to say "back to Tennessee!" It will be an adventure. You'll get to find new places to eat, new little fun things for the kids to do, new little quaint shops. You've got serious baseball! Oh, and Cincinatti has the largest Oktoberfest in the country. The Cincinatti Zoo, lots of museums, King's Island. I'm making myself want to come and visit!!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for all the well wishes! I wish it was Tennessee but it will be fine. Everyone seems to know more about Cincinatti than I do, I guess I need to do some more research!

Betsie said...

We're so sad to see you guys go! I'm sure you'll love Cincinnati. It is basically in Kentucky and that's the south! So, you'll be really close...Just a little up I-75. :) Please let us know if you need anything in the mean time! I'll be thinking of you guys through this change and I'm sure you'll keep us up to date on the blog.

whirligigdaisy said...

I hate change. We are going to have to move too, due to the economy. It stinks, but it will be OK. Eventually.

Kendra said...

I can only imagine the headaches you are about to endure but what a blessing Kevin was able to find a great job. While I will side with you that Ohio doesn't qualify as the "South," isn't it exciting to know God has directed you there? Good luck with selling, moving and house hunting!