Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Little Country Boys

Last week I decided that the boys and I were going to visit my family in Tennessee. Kevin was originally going to go with us, but ended up having to stay back to finish up paperwork for the relocation company and the last minute items before we listed the house. I thought, how hard could it be to travel with two kids? Well, let's just say the trip took forever!!! If one did not have to go potty, the other was ready to eat. I felt like we stopped 20 times! But all in all it was not that bad, it just took ALOT longer than usual!

Holden was so excited to go that he woke up super early and put his backpack of toys and DVD's in the car and said he was ready to go. He loves going to Meme's, Memaw & Granddaddy's house to visit!

Once we got there my mom, Meme, took Rylan and I do not think his feet ever touched the floor. If she was not holding him then she was feeding him. And Holden was spoiled by both grandparents and Aunt Becky Ann too! Jeez no wonder both of them did not want to come home!

While we were in Tennessee, Holden went fishing for the first time and caught a fish! It blows my mind, how much a country boy Holden is and I think Rylan will be too. He loved digging for worms and fishing. Loves to sit in all the trucks, tractors and four-wheelers. He talked about going hunting...what is this really my child?? I guess that Turner blood skipped me and went straight to the boys.

We went swimming at Aunt Rhonda's, or better known as Paul Roy's house to Holden. Went to the Memphis Zoo, which we love! Visited with my old and dear friends from high school. Every time I go home, I always think about how when I was younger, I could not wait to get out of that town, and now I long to get that back. I think I have more of an appreciation of a small town life and the people who make that town still my home.

Thankfully, on Tuesday night Kevin surprised me and flew in to drive back with me. What a great surprise and added help for the ride back to Georgia.
Holden keeps telling me he wants to go to "the real Memaw's house". I am trying to plan our next trip home, hopefully it will be soon.

Allie & Rylan


Rylan enjoying his food...



Holden & Ashford riding the scooter


Aunt Becky Ann & Holden


Feeding the birds at the Memphis Zoo

It was a hot day at the zoo! We needed a rest:)


First Fish!!!


2 comments:

Amy said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. It took me 8 years to realize that this is home. For years, Erik and I claimed that we were just "temporarily" here. We had always planned on moving East, because we were tired of this place, but after we got a little older and started talking about a family, our priorities changed real quick. Its funny how God works isn't it. The more I think about it, I can't wait to sell this house and get back out to Garland. Who would have ever thought? I swore up and down I'd never move back out to the country.

Christi said...

Hated that I missed seeing you and your boys at playdate. Maybe next time :)