Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daytripping

What better way to procrastinate the dreaded organization of the move? Take a day trip to Greenville, South Carolina. The boys I packed up this morning and head to see our cousin Wesley for the day. Besides going to see Wesley before we move, we wanted to see his new store he opened last week, Roots "An Urban Gardener's Oasis" . I must say, it was fabulous! (As to be expected) Wesley has such a talent! He can make something extraordinary out of something so simple. The concept around Roots is to offer home and garden accents, houseplants, houseplant arrangements and gifts. He is going to offer workshops and design sessions for interior and exterior plantscaping. Gosh if I lived closer I would have to attend since for some reason the "green thumb gene" seemed to skip me! So if you are ever in Greenville area drop by and shop or if you just want to learn more visit www.rootsofgreenville.com

After checking out the store Holden decided it was time to eat at none other than "Happy Meal". Unfortunately, McDonald's was just down the street and was spotted as we drove by! Wesley was a good sport and joined us. The boys just love him! We went back to finish shopping (I bought a great door accent for the new house) and visiting before his interview with Skirt Magazine.

We all had a great visit and I am so glad that I put off "the move stuff" for another day to see and support Wes. We wish him all the best in this new endeavor! I know he will do wonderful.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Wow! I can't believe that's Wesley. He looks so grown up (I haven't seen him in a very long time.) Awesome shop. I know you are very excited for him. I,apparently, have the gift of black thumb - I kill anything green. You should've seen my garden. It was pathetic!