Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall Festival at Shaw Farms

Have I mentioned how much I love fall?? I really do! I love everything from the crisp air, pumpkins, apples, tractors, farms, and especially fall family outings! I found this great farm, Shaw Farms, that has a Fall Festival every weekend in October! Best part about it, it is FREE!! This family farm is nestled on 150 acres in Milford, Ohio. They decorate pumpkins to look like Indians, Pirates, The Flintstones, Cinderella, Cowboys, and so much more. Here are a couple of the boys favorites...
This farm also had two different types of hayrides, either by horse drawn or pulled by a tractor. The boy's decided to go with the tractor hayride! Isn't this land beautiful! They also have a petting farm, an iron smith, and pumpkins. But we decided to get small pumpkins since we have plans to go to a pumpkin farm later this month. We had so much fun and I think this farm will be a part of our fall tradition while we are here.

No comments: