Monday, October 19, 2009

I forgot to tell you Momma...

I will be the first to say that dinner with toddlers is not the best time of the day. For a couple of reasons, they are tired and hungry. And with my two, dinner usually consist of Rylan screaming for more food while Holden is eating like a bird or I am just trying to get him to eat a bite!

With that said, during dinner tonight Holden looked at me and said, "Momma, I forgot to tell you something." I am thinking, oh great here we go. "I forgot to tell you that I am allergic to chicken. I mean I am really allergic" I said to him, while trying to keep a straight face,"Really" "Yes Momma. Did you forget, I am allergic to chicken? But not chicken nuggets, just this chicken."

I think it is best to say that tonight's dinner was not his favorite. This child will think of anything!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sadly I think it's just the times we live in with the huge increase in childhood allergies.
I'd say 3/4 of the kids in Caroline's class have allergies (fortunately, she has none) but the subject comes up ALL THE TIME.
Needless to say Caroline has most certainly tried to pull the same "trick" on me several times.

Kate said...

that kid is hilarious!

Kendra said...

I love it!