Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rylan's Surgery

Today Rylan was scheduled to have tubes placed in his ears. Since I have gone through this before I was not too worried except for the fact that his procedure was not until 12:30. For those of you who have not been through this, you are not allowed to eat any solid foods 8 hours before surgery. Which would make the last time to eat at 4:30am. Not good for someone you catch in the pantry daily gathering his own food! He was allowed to have clear liquids such as popsicles, jello, juice and such up until 8:00am. Something but still not good!
I think my kids may think I am crazy, first yesterday we had Green Eggs and Ham and then today they are eating jello and popsicles. I am sure they are wondering if Mom has lost her mind!

I am sure you can guess, this morning consisted of a LOT of crying and pointing to the pantry. I tried to keep him busy but the little guy just wanted food.

Finally when we arrive at the hospital, he is just beside himself. He did not like the gown, the angle bracelet, he did not like any of it!!
"Get me out of here!"
But I am proud to report everything went well and a lot of fluid was removed from both ears. Since he has an ear infection at the moment, I think it may take a couple of days to feel completely well.

Once we arrived home Holden and Daddy greeted him with his favorite....
an Elmo balloon and toy.
I am hoping that we are finally on the road to recovery!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I am behind on reading your blog but I am so happy to hear everything went well. I know it's a common procedure but nothing is common when it involves your own baby. Hopefully he'll get some relief.