Wednesday, April 14, 2010

That Pesky Bird

A couple of weeks ago, I was reading a friends blog and laughing at her story of a bird flying into her window and trying to get rid of it. Well, as luck would have it, we are having the same trouble here now! I knew I should have not laughed!
Our little pesky friend showed up Easter weekend and has made our top window his new home. Morning after morning he will fly into the window, then he pecks on the window, and then he paces back and forth on the ledge. After a week and a half of this annoyance, it was really getting on Kevin's nerves. He decided to clean the window thinking it would not like the smell of ammonia, yep he still showed up. Last night, Kevin said that before he left town this morning he would "take care" of this bird once and for all. I was thinking he was going to place a scarecrow or even and owl in the window.

Right isn't that what you would think? Wrong again, look at his attempt to scare the bird off....

The kids orange stuffed fish...NEMO!!! Can you believe this? I am not sure my hubby is quite the hunter/protector I had thought.
Not only did it not scare the bird off, he actually attracted two more friends. I know if I could understand bird talk I would hear,"Hey look friends this Jack-in-the-box thinks this is going to scare me? You have got to be kidding me, come see this!"

Oh what to do!! I think I need to put my thinking cap on, seeing that Kevin is way off his block.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Okay, the stuffed Nemo "guard-fish" is too funny!
Our little "Pecky Pekerson" (as we affectionately named him) recently left. The paper on the window did slow him down and eventually he just gave up pecking on the nearby windows as well.
Guess it just takes time, but YES it is totally annoying from sun up to sun down not to mention all the bird poop that was left behind by him and his friend. YUK!
Must be very common since you are now the third person I know, this season, who has had it happen to them.
Crazy!