Monday, May 24, 2010

Hello Summer Break!!!

It's official...our first week of summer break has begun!! Last week, I was planning to surprise the boys with a "Summer Break Party" in the back yard but Mother Nature did not cooperate. Instead I moved it to today.

When the boys woke up this morning, I had little buckets filled with fish, water guns, bubbles, frisbees and beach balls to get the day started. But when they looked out the window and saw I had decorated the play set,They were beyond excited! They both ran and put on their bathing suits! We were outside from 7:30 until 5:30...I am not kidding! However, the boys did take a rest after lunch but then they were racing to get out once again.
You will notice the several changes of bathing suits, I think the final count was three but I may be wrong.
So what did we do all day?? Here is a little sample of all of our fun...Water Balloon Toss, Pin the Fin on the Shark,
water guns, played with the frisbees, played in the water, "fished", bubbles, ring toss, colored, and ate!
We had so much fun! I think after our first winter in Ohio, we have been looking forward to warm weather for a LONG time. Since this is our first summer here, I have so much planned new parks to visit, sights to see, farms to explore, the list could go on and on, just like my calender. Today was perfect!!! I could not think of a better way to begin our summer break!

3 comments:

the8gibsons said...

Looks like so much fun! We were outside all day too!! Looking forward to lots of summertime fun with the Port family :)

Amy said...

Do your boys wake up wondering what the surprise for the morning is each day? Because it seems you're always coming up with the best surprise breakfast table-scales for them.
You did a great job (I loved the decorated playset) and it is obvious how much fun they had.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! They do sometimes wonder when the next surprise will be. I love to see their reaction when they wake up and they are not expecting anything. It is the best!