Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our Little Graduate

It's the end of another preschool year. I keep asking myself, where has the time gone!!! Today was Holden's graduation from preschool. Technically he is old enough to start Kindergarten in the Fall, but we decided a long time ago to hold him back and do a Pre-k instead. We decided to hold him back for two reasons, we both feel that he needs one more year to grow emotionally, physically and another year to build his confidence. The second reason is, I am really not ready to let him go. I know I am crazy, but I just feel that he has the rest of his life to go to school/work, what is the rush! I want him to enjoy his childhood innocence! There you have it, our reasons!

But either way, graduation was still today. I really wanted to make a big deal about it because that is all he has been talking about for the past couple of weeks. They had their graduation ceremony with songs and then it was followed by a reception. He really did a great job singing. I wish I would have gotten better pictures but Rylan was pulling on the camera the entire time:)
(This is one of Holden's good friend Will)

After his school graduation, I had a few surprises of my own. Even though he saw most of them in the morning, I told him we would celebrate once we got home. And that is what we did!
Both boys enjoyed all the treats, especially the graduation hats and number gummies!
Go Figure!
Here are some of the decorations from our little graduation party...As a gift for our little graduate, I found the perfect book to commemorate the occasion and his personality,"Curious You, On Your Way!" Just like our mischievous, curious graduate!Now we just need some warm weather so we can welcome our Summer Break!

1 comment:

the8gibsons said...

Congrats Holden! Elizabeth- you are amazing...so creative! Such a good mommy, you are!!