Saturday, May 8, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

This past week was Teacher Appreciation Week at Holden's preschool. They were asked to create something homemade to express their appreciation for their teachers hard work. To honor his teachers on Wednesday we gave them little flower pots with a paper flower that said "Thanks for helping Holden bloom" and we placed seed packets for them to plant.
On Friday, we honored his teachers by making a bowl/basket with a Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub and apples with cute little sayings on the leaves.

I think I liked the idea of creating something rather than just buying a gift card. At least then, Holden knew what we were doing and who we were making it for. Now, I just need to think of something to give for the end of the year. Can you believe summer break begins in two weeks?? Where has the time gone!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Both gifts are very cute.
You're so creative and I'm sure his teachers loved them too.

Kate said...

I want to be you when I grow up!! Keep posting your ideas. Since I'm staying home again to be with baby 3 and the girls, I'm going to try my best to be Liz!