Monday, July 26, 2010

1990 Boca High Reunion

As I mentioned, our Georgia visitors, aka the grandparents, arrived on Thursday. Just in time for us to fly Friday morning to Boca Raton, Florida for Kevin's 20th Class Reunion. I know it is hard to believe is has been 20 years! After circling the airport several times, we finally landed into the Tropical Depression! What, I thought this was suppose to be the sunshine state! Seeing that the rain put a damper on our beach plans, we drove by the house Kevin grew up in, his elementary, middle and high school. I must mention, his high school looked larger than my college campus! Just a little different than my high school. Continuing our trip down memory lane we stopped at one of his favorite restaurants, The Whale's Rib for lunch. This place is a dive decorated with license plates and such, just look at where we just happened to be seated..where an Ohio plate was hanging. Strange! After lunch Kevin's buddies were coming in from surfing so we meet up with them! Just look at the boys! Finally, we made our way to the hotel to check in. Since Kevin can not keep a secret, he revealed where we were staying a couple of weeks ago, but actually seeing the Boca Raton Resort in person, it surpassed all my expectations! It was beyond gorgeous, it was breathtaking!Friday night, was a Meet and Greet at the Wishing Well. It was packed and HOT!! But Kevin had a blast seeing all his old buddies!
After and early morning wake-up call from Leroy (Dad-Daddy), and breakfast, we met up with one of my best friends in the entire world Eliza! Here are her beautiful girls Marlee and Sadie sitting with Ms. Glenda. We had so much fun lunching and catching up. While we were lunching, Kevin was enjoying the cabana with his buddies. Finally the big night was upon us, the actual reunion. What a party! Great food, good 80's music, fun pictures from the past, and connecting with old friends! I think this is the happiest I have seen Kevin in awhile!Ok, so my expectations for the weekend were to catch up on some sleep, relax, maybe read a magazine or two, enjoy the resort, yep that did not happen! It was a non stop weekend! But since we both loved the resort so much we planning a trip with the kids next year, maybe then we can enjoy it a little more. Plus, I think Kevin needs to make it back to Boca a little more to see his friends and enjoy where he came from!

The entire weekend I had a song going through my head. It is by Revive, called "Blink" Life goes by so quickly before you know it you are looking back on times, just like Kevin's reunion, 20 years, it happened in a blink! If you have not heard the song, here are the lyrics, it really ring true on how you should look at your life.
Teach me to number my days
and count every moment,
before it slip away
take in all the colors
before the fade to gray

I dont want to miss
even just a second
more of this

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it took
to look back

i try to hold on tight
but theres no stopping time
what is it Ive done with my life
it happens in a blink

when its all said and done
no one remembers
how far we have run
the only thing that matters
is how we have loved

I dont want to miss
even just a second
more of this

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it took
to look back

i try to hold on tight
but theres no stopping time
what is it Ive done with my life

it happens in a blink

slow down
before today becomes our yesterday

slow down
before you turn around and its too late

1 comment:

the8gibsons said...

Looks like a great weekend! So glad you were able to get away with Kevin! Can't wait to hear more about it!