Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fossil Digging in Ohio??

Part of our week of Dinosaurs, I decided it might be fun to dig for fossils. A friend of mine told me about Trammel Fossil Park in Sharonville. Not really knowing what to expect we set out with our buckets, shovels, paint brushes, and an open mind! To my surprise the boys loved it. I, on the other hand was wondering, what are we doing here. But there is just something about discovering, exploring, dirt and the outdoors my little boys love. We actually did find fossils, quite a few might I add. After an 1 1/2 of fossil digging this is what we ended up taking home...

We just may have a couple of paleontologist on our hands.After our picnic and a little playing we stopped at The Root Beer Stand for root beer floats.This dive is circa 1957 and has not changed a bit! The Root Beer Stand is family owned and only open seasonally from May to September. Since they brew their own root beer, I knew we just had to give it a try. Verdict: Two Thumbs Up! The boys slurped down their floats in no time at all!I just love these little places with history and family owned. It is like taking a step back in time, which is nice from time to time.

No comments: