Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cincinnati Nature Center

Our adventure on Monday was to the Cincinnati Nature Center at Rowe Woods. After getting a little lost we finally made it there. The Nature Center has free admission on Monday, hence why we visited on Monday, and I read before going to ask for an explorer back pack for the kids. This was really cute, it was filled with binoculars, magnifying glass, chart of animals to find, notebook to jot down anything you see, maps, and a compass. Only issue, they only give on per family, Rylan was not too happy not to have a backpack, trust me I have noted it to myself to bring another one. There are 10 hiking trails on the property, the first one we walked was the Edge Trail or better known as Turtle Trail. We stopped for lunch and then walked Wildflower Trail, Geology Trail and fed the fish. Wow, what beautiful trails!! The boys loved exploring and searching for animals! However, we only saw a frog, a turtle, fish, and some fossils. Better luck next time. Either way it was a great way to spend a Monday morning!

I can not wait to go back and see the colors of fall, I can only imagine how beautiful it will be!

According to Holden we did not stay long enough, (almost 4 hours). He wanted to see all the trails, yes, he is my nature child. But my other young explorer was exhausted! We will be visiting the Cincinnati Nature Center again really soon, especially now that I know how to get there!

1 comment:

the8gibsons said...

I want to go with you in the Fall....I bet it will be beautiful. We could go one day after preschool!!