Monday, August 30, 2010

Holden turns FIVE!!

Five years ago today, I became a Mommy for the first time! It seems like yesterday this was my little pumpkin... and here he is today! What a big boy!

And this big boy was up bright and early to see what surprises I had in store! Here are some of the decorations. After opening gifts, playing. and some treats we set out on an adventure to Chateau Laroche The Historic Loveland Castle. This castle was built by one gentleman, Sir Harry Andrews.
The boys enjoyed the Castle, Knights, and the gardens.

To top off the birthday celebration, there was cake!! (You will have to excuse the lopsidedness--I am not a cake decorator!)
When I asked Holden tonight what was his favorite part of the day? He said "Everything! Thank you for my birthday, Momma" Priceless!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! Happy Birthday Holden!!
Okay, so Mom, did we get a new camera??? I am judging by the looks of the first picture and inquiring minds want to know. I knew you had asked about mine a few months ago. :)

the8gibsons said...

Amazing, girl!!! You are such a good mommy, and Holden's comment about the day is priceless!! I can't believe how much he still looks like his newborn picture! So precious! Glad he had a great day! LOVE the new header picture! You're gonna have to show me how to do that! Happy Birthday Holden!

Christi said...

Happy Birthday, Holden!!! I think your cake looks awesome! Once again, you have outdone yourself. The balloon wreath is too cool :)

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to Holden. My Ella turned 7 today and it is so hard to watch them grow up. It us happening too quickly. Great job with the cake! Too cute :)