Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School

While most schools have been in session for awhile now. On the other hand, our school year has just begun. Today was Holden first day of Pre-K. Last week, and even yesterday, he was so excited about starting school. However, this morning was another story. He was crying and saying he was scared and did not want to go. Oh no!! I tried to calm his fears and explain that I would be in his class for the first 30 minutes and then Rylan and I would be back to pick him up for our picnic lunch. I knew he would love it and his teachers, whom I met last week at orientation, are wonderful. I do not think we could have asked for a better fit. So I knew there was nothing to fear. He finally settled down before we left for school but was still hesitant about going. After exploring the classroom and going on a scavenger hunt, he seemed a little more at ease. Finally, when it was time for me to leave, no tears were shed, but I could tell he was nervous.
At pick up, his teacher called his name to leave. As he is walking out the door he gives her a hug! Then he runs over to me and says, "I love school Momma. I'm not scared. I want to come everyday." WHEW!!! Thank goodness, I think this is going to be a great year!

And a little celebration is order for the start of a new school year!

(Apple vases for Holden's teachers)

3 comments:

the8gibsons said...

SO glad he had a good first day! I thought about him all morning! Love your back to school decor! You never stop amazing me!!

Amy said...

I was actually wondering about Holden's first day... and was getting anxious to see yet another one of your wonderful themed tablescapes. :)
As always, it's so cute!
And I'm glad the tears subsided and he managed to have a great first day.

Christi said...

Love the "Back to School" foods! The apples are my fav!