Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rylan turns 2!!!

This was Rylan's sweet little face two years ago.... and today this is my baby turning 2!!! It is so sad to see how much he has grown and how fast time goes by!!! It breaks my heart! Where has my baby gone? He is a toddler with quite a personality. He is my little lover, he love hugs, kisses and lots of affection. He is also my explorer who loves to get into mischief but somehow gets away with so much more than Holden ever did. I think it has something to do with his cute little smile. And he is my lover of animals...all kinds, but especially farm animals, hence the birthday decor.

Not only did Rylan turn 2 today, he also had his first day of preschool this morning.
We were all smiles exploring the "Muscle Room" singing, and snacks. All up until it was time for me to go. Yep, tears were shed. Poor thing! It did not help matters that several other kids were crying too. Being the over-protective mother I am, I waited in the hall until he calmed down, which was only a couple of minutes. At pick up, I asked how he did and they said he did ok but kept pointing to his backpack and the door. I am hoping this will get easier with time, one can only hope and pray!

After our birthday lunch, it was Rylan's turn to blow out the candles. I think he enjoyed the spotlight for once. He kept saying "Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday" and laughing. He is such a ham!So as I take a deep breath and realize that my babies are growing up right before my eyes, I also remind myself to treasure this time because it will not last for long.

Now one last big party to complete our two weeks of parties! I am not sure what the boys are going to do with a week of nothing...hmm, I guess I need to think of something fun to do!

1 comment:

the8gibsons said...

Adorable post! Love all of Rylans pictures. He is such a doll! Glad you survived the day! That's a lot of emotion to shove into one day! After your parties, I'm sure we can find something to occupy your time!! First thing on the agenda....Girls Night!!! Looking forward to tomorrow!