Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend was full of travel, family, friends, cooking, Black Friday shopping, football, and alot of fun! Every time we go to Georgia for the holidays we are always so busy! We have great plans of seeing all of our friends, going to all of our favorite places but somehow time just gets the best of us. However, this weekend we piled in as much as possible! First, some surprises for the boys Thanksgiving morning... and I could not leave the rest of the family out of the hat fun! Ha! Look at these two, now I see where my boys get all their mischief from!!! And as for a feast, just take a look!
As crazy as it may sound, Kevin and I wake up every Black Friday for the sales! This year it was a little earlier than usual but we were out the door and in line at Target before 3:30. Yes, you are reading that correctly, 3:30 am. We got all of our shopping complete except for two items, which I bought this morning on Cyber Monday! All in all, it was a fun date for the two of us, even if it was at 3:30 in the morning. We had several cups of coffee and even ate at my favorite bagel shop, my kind of date. Every year I can not decide if Kevin enjoys going shopping with me on Black Friday or if he goes to curve the spending....I am thinking it is the latter of the two:)
After shopping all morning it was time for some fun and football! Holden and Rylan always have so much fun with their grandparents and Aunt Jen Jen! I am sure you can see why, games of football at the high school, (I think Dad-daddy was defeated and worn out!!) nature walks, lots of hot cocoa, and craziness with Aunt Jen Jen.
Our trip had an unexpected arrival too. Our friends Greg and Natascha had their first baby, Preston. Poor Natascha has been on bed rest for the past month and on Wednesday, her doctors decided to perform an emergency C-section. I am happy to report that both baby and mom are healthy and recovering at home now. Isn't Preston beautiful!! A perfect Thanksgiving blessing! Oh, how could I forget, the boys received a special delivery from Santa in the mail at Grammy & Dad-daddy's. You guess it, our elf Christian arrived and somehow he managed to make it back to Ohio before we did! What a little magical elf! I wonder what kind of mischief he will get into this year?
Even though our visit was jam packed, we were still able to enjoy Thanksgiving with family!Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I ran in to Ms. Joyce on Friday at Walmart. She was walking around with nothing in her hand or basket. hehe I said "Ms. Joyce, what are you doing?" She was looking for something for you, of course. She told me that you didn't get "one of your items!" lol!! Of course, I was the crazy that went out there to buy a suction cup....and thats it.

the8gibsons said...

Looks like a great trip!! Glad you got your bargains taken care of!

Elizabeth said...

I know I told Memaw not to go out there but she said she had been watching all the fun on tv that she wanted to get out. So off she went. No luck though! Gotta love her though for trying:)!!!

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...