Monday, December 13, 2010

A basketball player in the making....

Holden asked me several months ago to sign him up for basketball. And I did, through an organization called Upward, which is our church league. Little did I know this was a huge league, over 1800 kids participate! Did I mention in October we had to go to an evaluation before being place on a team. I was thinking, "Wow, they are evaluating a 5 year old!! On what??" Either way we went and it was like watching "Chicken Little" play! I felt so bad but then I looked around and everyone else looked the same way...thank goodness!!! I knew we had some time so we practice and practiced. But he loved it! And moment by moment he got more and more excited about playing. Me on the other hand, I was just hoping he was not the smallest on the team! I know I am terrible! Then the day came for our first practice....not only was he not the smallest on the team, but he had two friends on his team! The chances of that were so slim, since you can not request certain teams unless you coach. News Flash, mommy over here was not an athlete, so coaching will be done from me. HAHA We would all be in trouble if I was the coach! But one of Holden's friends dad is the coach and he is the best!! Not only is he patient, great with kids, but he lets them have fun! I can already see this is going to be a great season of basketball and laughs for us all. Just look at how cute their uniforms are... and they are reversible too! Seriously, I laughed as soon as he put it on! Our team is called the Mountaineers, cute I know. And as for Holden, he is making baskets and dribbling great...yes, my fears have been lifted. The season begins after the new year so I will have plenty of pictures to share soon!

1 comment:

The Gibson Family said...

So cute- he looks so old in that bottom picture! Hope he has a great season!