Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Mice

I saw a picture of these cute mice in one of my magazines as an idea for a cookie exchange. I kept thinking, that is strange idea for a cookie exchange but they were so cute. Then, finally during lunch today, it came to me...we should do "A Book and a Treat" like we did this summer, but with these cute mice. While the boys were eating lunch, I discreetly and quickly made our mice. They never even noticed I was doing anything...shocking I know! After lunch, I gathered all the Christmas Mice books we had and read them for our own little story time. After I finished reading, I told the boys to run upstairs and there was a surprise on the kitchen table...yes, our little Christmas Mice. They loved them!!! I am going to have to think of some more ideas for "A Book and a Treat" since both Holden and Rylan enjoyed our special story time and treat today! I have some ideas, so we will just have to see what I can come up with next....

3 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, there again, a very teacher type thing to do!!! Literacy based activities. Please teach!!

Amy said...

SO CUTE!!!!

Elizabeth said...

HAHA! I am not so sure about me teaching, but thanks!