Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11- Happy New Year!!!

1/1/11!! What a great date....make a wish! As a New Year's Day tradition our little family enjoys a special breakfast to welcome the new year. The boys love waking up to surprises! Once again we had fireworks, better known as poppers, more champagne, and 2011 pancakes! As you can see we had a fun morning!

New Years Day would not be complete without the traditional black eyed peas, greens, and cornbread. Yes, I am into traditions, but this year I found a new black eyed peas recipe that was similar to mine but had a little twist, it added a coin for good luck! So here is to good luck for the New Year!

Typically, I do not make new years resolution but rather goals for the year. Nothing big, just goals like organize a couple of rooms, finish some projects, but most of all have fun with the boys! I know some days feel like they are the same over and over but as I look back on the past year, there are so many great memories we have together. As I look to the new year my wish is to laugh more, have fun new adventures as a family, find great new places, and savor every moment with the boys because I know it will not last! Happy New Year! Welcome 2011!!

2 comments:

nicole said...

Happy New Year! Looks like the boys enjoyed their New Year "festivities"! Hope 2011 is a good year for you and your family!

Christi said...

So fun!! Happy New Year!!!