Friday, January 28, 2011

Down and Out!

What a difference a couple of hours can make. This morning Holden woke up talking about how excited he was that it was Friday! Which in our house means movie night, pizza, popcorn, and cookies. It is also our day to get a Happy Meal after school. In other words, Friday is like a national holiday every week. I dropped the boys off at preschool this morning and all was well.

A little before 11:30, I am walking into school for pick-up, when I see one of Holden's teachers in the front office calling me over. I walk over and see Holden seated in a chair, who is about three shade of green and sick! Yes, the stomach virus has invaded our house!Once we get home and cleaned up, Holden parks himself on the couch for a Disney movie marathon. I kind of thought he was feeling better this afternoon and we were in the clear. Then Holden asked me to hold him to refill his Sprite, when all of a sudden he says, "I don't feel so good". Which is code for, I am going to get sick! We take off running to the bathroom, however, between the bowl and the toilet we seemed to have missed both. Instead, Holden and I were covered in yuck from head to toe. Holden was hysterical! Not only because he was covered in yuck but he did not feel well. And wouldn't you know it, Rylan runs into the bathroom and says he has to go potty right in the middle of hysteria. I try to get him to go to the other bathroom, but instead, he proceeds to pee-pee in the floor. Now, he is crying because he went potty in his choo-choo undies. I am thinking, "You have got to be kidding me!" Finally, I get everyone changed and settled down. When I finally get the chance to start cleaning and disinfecting the downstairs, I remind myself, that these are the days that I will miss one day, just not today!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Liz,
Hope Holden feels better! Funny (well, not actually funny) that you should post this. At this very moment, I am sitting in the recliner, with my wet hair in a towel. I just washed it, because about 45 minutes ago, after watching and seeing Mills stir in his sleep, I went up to check on him, picked him up, and he threw up ALL OVER ME! I am thinking that he either ate too much, didn't chew his food up good (that was obvious) or got too much air in his belly after drinking with his new straw sippy cup this afternoon?! He wasn't feeling bad and wanted to play afterwards, but I put him back down and now he's sleeping sound. This is a definite first! I now have a new load of clothes that I'm washing and am hoping that it was just a minor glitch! :(

The Gibson Family said...

Oh my- you poor thing!! Hope is feeling much better now!!