Monday, January 24, 2011

Look at me...

Look at me, I'm a BIG boy now!!

One positive outcome from the recent snow storms and being home bound, is that Rylan has been going pee-pee on the potty alot more. Yes, we could finally concentrate on getting potty trained! I know, what fun! Holden was really easy to potty train but I had a feeling Rylan would not be the same. Then today, all of a sudden, he went poopie on the potty! There was a huge celebration! Holden and I went crazy! Not with just M&M's, oh no! We made a special trip to the store to pick out a toy and undies! He was so proud. The entire way to the store he kept saying, "I get choo-choo and choo-choo undies. Yeah!" That is just what we got, Percy the train and Thomas undies. Here is our little underwear model himself....

Just look at that cute tushy!

Adorable, I know! Rylan could not decide which undies he liked best so instead he insisted on wearing all THREE all day long. Can you tell he is just a little proud of himself?

News today, only one small accident, but it was partially my fault. I could not get all tree undies off quick enough. But other than that he is doing great. We will keep our fingers crossed for the remainder of the week.

On a side note, on the way home from Holden's basketball practice this evening, both boys were listening to the DVD player with headphones. When all of a sudden Rylan throws his headphones across the car and yells, "I have to go pee-pee". Yikes what do I do! I have not put the little potty in the car yet. So I pull off in a parking lot, by the way it has started snowing again, to let him go potty. Just like every other boy that gets to go pee-pee outside you have to tell them something to aim at or else there will be trouble. Well that something just happened to be the front of the car. So now what is he saying over and over again...."I pee-peed on the car and got M&M's" Yes, I am teaching them well over here! HA!! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

The Gibson Family said...

Congrats Rylan!!! Such a big boy! Glad those snow days were good for something!

Christi said...

Yay, Rylan! Big plus about having boys is that you can open the van door and they don't even have to get out! Yes, I feel very redneck for saying that, but we've done it in emergencies!