Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Celebrating Dr. Seuss birthday has quickly become an annual tradition at our house. I love the classic books and I love the fact that we can make an ordinary day something special. Of course, our little celebration started early, I do not know why the boys feel the need to wake up so early but they do! I found some great coloring pages, activities, and special cards online to print out for our celebration. Then there were hats, Thing 1 & Thing Two pencils, (if only I would have had red pencils they would have been a little bit cuter but it was a last minute idea!), several books to read, and what celebration would be complete without green eggs and ham for breakfast. Each year I try to come up with something new to surprise the boys. This year it was a book to add to our collection, "One Fish, Two Fish, Red fish, Blue Fish".
We had so much fun together today reading, coloring, doing crafts, but most of all, Holden and Rylan loved eating lots of fun treats! However, I think the main reason Holden looks forward to our annual Dr. Seuss celebration is that he gets to watch "Horton Hears a Who" and "Green Eggs and Ham" on a day that is not movie night! Either way, I love our annual Dr. Seuss celebration with my Thing 1 & Thing 2!

2 comments:

The Gibson Family said...

Adorable ideas- as usual!!

Laura Dawson said...

Liz, this is Laura Dawson (I used to be Laura Newman- CHS 1997)...my 3rd baby , Kate turns 1 in April and I am contemplating a Dr. Seuss party of her and you just sold me on it! I will be stealing some of your ideas...thanks. I sneak peaks at your blog occassionally from friends (www.thedawsonspot.blogspot.com