Friday, May 13, 2011

A late Cinco de Mayo Celebration

May is my month to host potluck and I planned to have a Cinco de Mayo potluck theme party. Everyones schedule did not seem to work for that day and we could not get together until this week. However, that did not stop us from having a fiesta. Since my Aunt Becky Ann loves a party as much as I do she was so sweet to sent some fun favors for kids. Along with some cute decorations. And since you can not have a Cinco de Mayo celebration without food. I severed the traditional chips, salsa, guacamole and for dessert I made sombrero hat cookies. We ended our Cinco de Mayo fiesta with a pinata! I am sure you can imagine, the kids went crazy! Oh my goodness, they were so excited.
Now we may have been a week late with our celebration but it was a great way to end a warm May. Happy late Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: