Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What to do with ALL those strawberries...

16 pounds of strawberries! What was I thinking! After cooking, baking, canning, and freezing here is what I have made so far with all those strawberries...

I canned Strawberry and Strawberry Chipotle jam, Strawberry Bread, Strawberry Salad with candied pecans and feta, dressed with Strawberry vinaigrette, and Strawberry Ice Cream!!! I froze the remaindered of strawberries in 2 cup increments for future baking. 16 cups to be exact! Any ideas? I was thinking Strawberry Cake and muffins. Oh, the possibilities! I guess I need to get back to baking!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I know you follow her, but did you see this post:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/05/web-deliciousness-strawberries/

We love Strawberry scones and my girls loved the Strawberry Nutella muffin recipe I found online not too long ago.

Lauren Allen said...

elizabeth, all of that looks amazing!! i have never tried strawberry bread..looks yummy:) ~Lauren