Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our lucky day!

Yesterday Kevin called at 3:00 and said he had 4 tickets for the Tennis Tournament if we wanted to go. I immediately said, "YES!" I have never been to a Pro tennis match and the enticement of great seats made it even more intriguing. On the other hand, Kevin was a little hesitant since the matches did not start until 7:00 and since our seats were so close, the boys had to be on their best behavior and quiet. I assured him that they will be fine. However, after I got off the phone I started second guessing myself, it was going to be late the boys were already tired but we would never know until we tried so why not.

Once we arrived the first set had already begun, so we waited behind the chain until a break. Holden was watching the match from the big screen when he looked at me and said, "I am cheering for the girl in the blue." I looked up and told him her name was Ana Ivanovic and she is from Serbia. The other player was the American player Alexa Glatch. As soon as we sat down he leans over again and says, "Mommy take a picture of her." Well, as you can see she is gorgeous!!!! No wonder he was so mesmerized by her! Not only is she beautiful, she is an awesome tennis player! Just look at how fast she serves In the end, she won the match. She will go on to play later this week, I am not sure which day but I promised Holden I would record it since it is being aired on ESPN. The next match of the evening was Andy Roddick and Philipp Kohlschreiber. I do not even know where to begin, the match was so exciting! There were tempers flying, serves being thrown at great speed, and even rackets being thrown! Roddick by the way, lost and is now out of the tournament. But through all of the this excitement, the boys were AMAZING! I could not have been more proud they sat and watched and did not talk except with a whisper! I am sure feeding them the entire time had something to do with it but I think just being so close to the action, we were on the 5th row, was even more exciting! I am so glad we had the opportunity to see world class tennis not only for Kevin and I but to share the experience with the kids. I think we are all hooked!

1 comment:

The Gibson Family said...

They are so adorable! Such big boys to sit there so quietly! I'm sure you were proud ;)