Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Traditions

The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are starting to change and it is the beginning of one of my favorite times of year! Yes, Fall! One of our favorite fall traditions, besides all the fall festivals, is apple picking. However, after last years outing to the local Apple farm, I was left a little disappointed by the lack of good apples. So for the past year, it was my mission to find a new Apple orchard for us to visit. With that said, while we were picking strawberries this summer I asked the owner if she knew of any great apple orchards that have U-pick crops. Her recommendation led us to A&M Apple Farm and I must say what a great recommendation it was! There were rows and rows of apple trees! When we told the boys earlier in the week we were planning of going apple picking the first thing they wanted to know was, "Is there going to be a tractor ride?" My little country boys were in luck! There were tractor and wagon rides. Just what they needed to hear! We rode the tractor to the U-pick crops. Talk about luck, the crops were plentiful with several different varieties of apples to choose from. We decided to pick a little of each variety. While Rylan decided to taste all of them! Seriously, every time I turned around he was eating another apple.Our little monkeys "volunteered" to climb the trees and get the best apples. After picking several apples we spotted a field of...pumpkins! Can you believe it is that time of year again! We let the boys pick out one to take home. Finally it was time to weigh our apples. 30 pounds! You may be wondering what on earth are we going to do with so many apples!? Trust me they will not last long with all the recipes I have planned.

I think we have a officially found a new apple orchard to continue our family tradition of apple picking.I can not believe I am saying this but Welcome Fall!

2 comments:

The Gibson Family said...

Looks like fun!! Great pictures! Let's get together soon!

nicole said...

Those are wonderful pictures! I put some pumpkins on our front porch tonight and thought WOW! I can't believe it's that time again! I love fall!