Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

After traveling for Christmas and being a little out of sorts, we decided to spend New Year's Eve at home as a family. I bought lots of poppers, noise makers, and hats for the boys to do inside after we counted down to the new year. What was I thinking with the poppers! After a little clean-up, we headed outside for sparklers and a few fireworks. Then it was back inside to warm up with a champagne and cake pops. My friend Sarah gave me a cake pop pan, which it just happens to be my new favorite baking accessory! If you ware wondering about the decor on the pops, Rylan decorated them all by himself! There were sprinkles all over the floor, counter, and chair but he was so proud. Once the kids were tucked in bed, Kevin and I toasted to the upcoming new year and reflected on the past. I think New Year's Eve at home with the family is just what we all needed. May 2012 be filled with blessings, health, love, and laughter! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

The Gibson Family said...

Happy New Year Elizabeth!! Love the silver cake pops!

Lauren Allen said...

no fireworks trying to burn down the neighbors house this year?haha!! :) those cake pops do look yummy!