Monday, January 2, 2012

First of the year, brings a couple of new first

Yesterday was the first day of a new year and it started off with a couple of first of our own. The boys were in much need of some new tennis shoes so we headed to the outlets. For the past couple of weeks Holden has asked for "teenage"shoes. I was like, "What kind?" He would always say, "Teenage shoes with the check mark." Ahh, Nikes. I know I am crazy but up until now, I have always bought shoes for the boys at the Stride Rite store. something about the Nikes on little boys makes them look not so little any more. As we walked in to the Nike store Holden immediately found his pair of shoes. As I looked over at them I kept saying "Are you sure." "They are not really going match much and so on." But Holden stood firm he loved them and I did not. I tried my best to convince him to choose a different pair but he was not budging.

Finally, we agreed to buy two pair, the pair he loved and the pair that will match more clothes.
And here are the new shoes, aren't they ugly as sin! I know they are but they are slowly growing on me. Especially after this little guy kept telling me how much faster he can run in them. And here is the second pair, a little more practical. So Holden got his first pair of "teenage shoes" and is beyond proud.
Once we finished shopping we took the boys to the movies which was our second first on the first. It was Rylan's first movie at the movie theater. I know it is hard to believe he has never been to a movie at the theater until now. We surprised the boys with Alvin and Chipmunks, Chipwrecked. Which ironically Alvin and the Chipmunks the movie was Holden's first movie years ago. Popcorn and Sprite added to the movie experience. Rylan did great and loved the movie. And loved the M&M's I brought as a surprise too. Two first on the first, what a great way to start the New Year!

No comments: