Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Today, March 2, is the beloved Dr. Seuss' birthday.  We are all huge fans of his books, so celebrating this day has become a family tradition over the years.


As I have said before, I love surprising the boys in the morning when they wake up, so the breakfast table has become the best place to decorate. 


I found some activity pages and a couple of my favorite quotes for the boys to remember. 


Filled their little buckets with Dr. Seuss silly bands, erasers, notepads and stickers. 


Oh yes, and Cat and the Hat, hats.


Just as in years past, I buy one new book to add to our collection and this years selection was pretty easy to choose, The Lorax!


We have seen commercial after commercial for this movie so I knew this would be a prefect choice.  I made Lorax pots with Truffula trees growing and one other special surprise growing too...


a movie ticket to see The Lorax.  I knew the kids would be so excited and surprised.  I made little Lorax juices for the occassion too.


Our birthday celebrate would not be complete without treats, so I made Cat and The Hat cookies and One Fish, Two Fish jello. 


And of course Green Eggs & Ham for breakfast.


Once Holden and I arrived back home after his field trip, we were off to cash in those tickets to see "The Lorax"  The boys loved the movie, Rylan especially loved the music, he got up several times to dance.  A great way to end our Dr. Seuss' birthday celebration with a movie on a rainy day.

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

No comments: