Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Tennessee Family Wedding

Thursday after Holden's graduation, we headed to Tennessee for my cousins wedding weekend.  How we always have one big event after another is beyond me but the kids were thrilled to be going back to Tennessee.  But as always, it was a long trip and my kids are used to Eastern time and were up at 5:00 am ready to play.

Before going out to my Aunt Rhonda's to help set up for the Rehearsal Dinner, we visited my Granddaddy's pride and joy, his garden!  He had squash, zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, onions, and how could you miss the cabbage all growing.

He has some others planted like sweet potatoes, blueberries, watermelon, figs and other melons but they have not bloomed yet.

Once we made it out to Aunt Rhonda's, they put us to work on the photo booth.
 

While we helped set-up, the boys did what country boys do best.


As usual, my cousin Wesley did a beautiful job.


He has such a talent!  The tables were set up family style, with  96 feet of hydrangeas!


 You can not get any more southern than that!  And just like the tables were set up, the rehearsal dinner was family style too with fried fish, grilled fish, coleslaw, hush puppies, strawberry pound cakes, and of course, sweet tea.


The kids even had there own special seating with loads of crafts and stickers to keep them busy.


But I must say they actually loved the photo booths dress-up clothes and accessories the best.


They were running around, as Rylan would say, "chasing the girls" all night.


While we enjoyed the band, the video montage, and visiting with family and friends.


Nothing like starting off the wedding weekend with a good ole southern rehearsal dinner.

5 comments:

Cameron {The Stimson Chronicles} said...

Those hydrangeas and the entire set-up...gorgeous!!! And I LOVE the photo booth props!

And I just nominated you for a Liebster blogging award because I love reading your blog and all the fun things you do for your boys inspires me! Thanks!!!

Here are more details http://thestimsonchronicles.com/2012/06/06/id-like-to-thank-the-academy/

Where in TN does your family live btw???

Amy said...

Your pictures are beautiful and that party looked picture perfect. Wow! That long table of hydrangeas was simply gorgeous. How fun!!

Charlotte said...

I was so surprised and happy when I happened upon your blog. I was at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. Both were beautiful! Thank you for your sweet words and pictures.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! I am from Covington, Tennessee, which is about 45 minutes outside Memphis.