Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Celebrating the 4th of July

The morning of the 4th started out really nice. The boys actually slept in and I was able to get out and take a long early morning walk.  I found lots of beautiful seashells along the way, it was so peaceful.  I just love these types of morning, they are rare but when I get them, I enjoy them.


Once I got back, the boys were still sleeping, but not for long.  Again, so peaceful.  But once the boys were up, they were ready to go.  We got some beach time before the rain moved in.

Thankfully, the rain did not damper our 4th of July evening activities.


We watched a beautiful sunset before heading to the sand.


Kevin built a fire for roasting marshmallows and s'mores


while the boys enjoyed being chased by Ashford.


Do you think they are having a good time?

We played with sparklers,


shot off fireworks,


watched fireworks, and enjoyed celebrating the 4th on the beach,


What could be better?!

1 comment:

Lauren Allen said...

your pictures are beautiful!! Looks like you all had SO much fun!