Monday, July 9, 2012

Sun, Sand, Shells, and a Shark

After our long drive to Cape San Blas, the last thing the boys wanted to was to get in the car again.  Instead, they set their sights on the beach, and who could blame them.  These two set their feet in the sand and went running to the water like two little fishes.


I think all we did for the first two days after we arrived was play in the water, play in the sand, and then the same again.  Trust me these two little guys were in heaven.

We collected lots and lots of shells.  Some we used on the sand castle and some we kept for ourselves.


My nephews, Hopkins and Ashford, love to fish, even at the ocean.  they did not have much luck the first day but the second, Ashford caught a baby shark!


Of course, Holden and Rylan had to look and touch.  I must admit, it was pretty neat.  We did see several sting rays but they were not able to catch one.

But we did see some other animals, like this lizard


 and Allie caught a hermit crab.


I guess that fishing gene was passed on.


Lots of fun in the sun, sand, and time with the family.


I know Holden and Rylan were loving all the time with their cousins or as they love to call them, "the big boys" and the vacation had just begun.

 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my!!! A baby shark! That is sooo cool! Did you hear, "Mom! Can we keep it?"