Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Are you Smarter Than a First Grader?

Are you smarter than a first grader?  Well, apparently I am not.  I like to think that I am pretty smart but lately Holden has come home from school with riddles and homework and now I am questioning myself.

For example, Holden says to me, "What is round on both sides and high in the middle?"  I guessed everything from the earth to the moon but then it came to me....O-HI-O!  Get it Ohio.  Yeah, it took me a bit too.

Then today he comes home and asked me if I knew what the biggest state was in the United States.  Not thinking twice I said "Texas."  Holden quickly corrected me and said, "No, it is Alaska"  We went back and forth for a while until I decided to look it up on Google and what did it say the biggest state in the United States is....ALASKA!  What!  I quickly apologized and told Holden he was so smart to which he looked at me and said, "I thought Moms were suppose to be smarter than kids.  I think you need to go back to school Mom."  Geez, he is a little harsh.  But I know it is sad, my little first grader is officially smarter than me!

No comments: