Tuesday, December 4, 2012

First Days


Here are some pictures from our first couple of days with Baby Leyton.  As I look at him, I am in awe at how much he looks like Holden and Rylan did as babies.


You can defiantly tell they are all brothers.  Which is fun to see.  Holden and Rylan both are obsessed with holding Leyton.  They came to the hospital yesterday and both fought over who got to hold him first!  

Holden also made this sweet card for me at school.  


He really has such a kind heart.

His name, Leyton Roberts, took us some time to come up with.  


Kevin and I both wanted the boys names to all have the similar meanings.  Holden means of the Rye, Rylan means of the Meadow or Rye, and Leyton means of the Meadow so they all kind of intertwine.  All of the boys middle names are family names.  For Leyton's middle name I knew from the moment I was pregnant that I was going to use Roberts.  It was my Memaw's maiden name and I know she was watching over us this entire pregnancy.  My Memaw loved babies and I could hear her now just going on and on about how much Leyton looks like the boys.  


She really would have love him.  And I think his little name fits him perfectly.


These past two days with Leyton have really given me a chance to reflect and count my blessings.  Sometimes life's little surprises are what God had planned for us all along.  

1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him"


7 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats. What cty did you deliver, Cincinatti? I believe that is my brother that delivered leyton. What a small world. So happy for you, we had 3 boys then were blessed with one daughter through birth and one through adotion. Thanks for sharing your blog.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, yes I delivered in Cincinnati. What is your brothers name?

The Gibson Family said...

He is so beautiful, Elizabeth! Can't wait to hold him!! Hope you're feeling good!

Kathy said...

Kevin Fitzgerald, and he is an OBGYN at the Mt Auburn Assoc. Such a small world, congrats again. Your children are beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, what a small world. Yes, Dr. Fitzgerald is who delivered Leyton. He was fantastic! He put us at ease since a c-section was not our plan but the only option since he was breech. Thank you for your sweet comments.

Kathy said...

Wow, what a small world indeed. Glad all worked out and all are home and doing well. Take care and take it easy as you can with three little boys. Happy Holidays.

Tammie said...

Love the names of your boys and what they mean. They are all so handsome, Leyton is so perfect, that little face is Priceless.