Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!


New Years Eve this year was spent at home with the kids.  Since we were celebrating at home, I made some festive treats for the occasion   Nothing to elaborate considering most of my time is spent with Leyton.  I made cake balls


and cookies and milk for treats.


But no New Years Eve party would be complete without noisemakers,


party poppers,


hats,


and of course champagne


(sparkling juice).  And just like every party, there were poppers and confetti all over the floor!


So much for a quiet night in.  As a surprise, Kevin bought fireworks for the kids because nothing says New Years Eve without fireworks.


It was a quiet but nice New Years Eve spent at home with the kids.


The beginning of a new year, often has me reflect on the year gone by; of the happy times and missed opportunities. Recount the good and bad of the past year. I would say, this past year has been an emotional one.  One that has brought me great sadness but then at the same time has brought me great joy, surprise, excitement and so much love.  I suppose that is why every new year is like a new beginning in life, to start something new, make new mistakes, have a new adventure,  and make new memories.  With that said, my wish for this new year, 2013, is to appreciate the little things, enjoy the craziness, but most of all savor this time at home with the kids, I know it will not last forever!  Happy New Year from our three crazy little guys!   


No comments: