Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring in Ohio


Living in Ohio these past couple of years, I have learned there is NO spring.  Just like this morning, we were blanketed with snow and a snow day!  The boys were so excited to lounge and stay in their pajamas!  Especially this little guy!


While Leyton napped, the boys and I made the most of our snow day and made volcano eggs.  We made these last year and they were a huge hit.  First you mix food coloring and baking soda together and paint the mixture on the eggs.


Then once they finished painting the eggs we poured vinegar on the eggs and the colors mixed all together to make such great designs.


These are the finished eggs.


Aren't they pretty!  Finally after I cleaned up the mess, and I do mean a mess, I made an egg lunch.  I filled plastic eggs with string cheese, crackers, apples, and a peanut butter sandwich.


The kids thought this was fun and exciting to open an egg and have something new to eat.

It would not be a snow day without going out to play in the snow.  Of course, Holden and Rylan had to get out and play.


Somehow their playing always ends in a snowball fight.


I guess this is just life with boys!

 An unexpected snow day that ended up being a great day at home for us all.   

No comments: