Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Pets?


Rylan has been bugging me for a pet for the longest time.  First it was a dog, then it was a hamster, and now it is back to a dog.  But do not worry, it will be a LONG time before we get a dog or any animal of that sort.
While we were checking on our garden yesterday, Rylan found several caterpillars on our carrots and parsley.  Of course he quickly asked, "Can we keep them?"  And before I could even say yes, he was inside getting little jars to put them in. He was so excited that he even named them.


Some of their names are; High-top, Superman, Peaches, Aqua man, and Ninja.  Yes, their names are as unique as Rylan.  Before bed he had to go and tell them goodnight and as soon as he woke up, he check on them to make sure they were all ok, and they were.

On the way to Preschool this morning, he asked if his new pets could be his "Show & Tell" for this week.  I explained that I needed to ask his teacher before hand. Well, when I asked her, she gave me a bug catcher to bring them in.  I cleaned the container so that when Rylan came home, he could place his pets in their new home.  Again, he was all about his new pets and taking care of them.


I suppose one day we could get a pet but for now these little creatures will do us just fine.

This is what I like to call a glimpse of a day in the life of a little boy...bugs, dirt, and anything else messy!  

No comments: