Monday, October 28, 2013

Trunk-or-Treat 2013


Last night was our church's annual Trunk-or-Treat.  This years theme was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and let me tell you, I had the hardest time finding costumes!!!  Literally, everyone was sold out or their shipment was delayed.  I had thought about making the costumes but the boys quickly put the "kabash" to that idea.  Finally, I found two Leonardo costumes. I made some minor adjustments to Rylan's so that he could be Raphael,  for little Leyton I found a oneie and jacket  for Donatello and for Kevin I only could find a T-shirt so he could be Michelangelo.  I dressed up as April, which no one understood but oh well, it went with the family theme.  Not perfect, but it worked.

Again with our trunk, no one seemed to get it.  We saved pizza boxes (because the ninja turtles love pizza) and had them in the trunk and on the ground with black trash bags so it looked like the sewer where they live.

I thought it was clever but no one got it.  I suppose next year I need to be a little more creative.

I tried to get a picture of the 4 Ninja Turtles before the Trunk-or-Treating began but they were too consumed with getting in line to start treating that this was the only picture I could get before they were off and running.


My friend and I stayed at the car and handed out candy and these are some of my very favorite costumes.


  Aren't they adorable.

The boys made their way back and snuck in a couple of pieces of candy.



And here's our crew we had at our car.



Finally, one last picture of our turtles


and of course the outakes with these three.


Another successful Trunk-or-Treat....


Cowabunga Dudes!!



No comments: