Monday, June 23, 2014

Moving on….


When our family relocated to Ohio five years ago, we had every intention of moving back south.  But after a few years, Cincinnati kind of grew on us.  It is a great place to raise kids. There are tons of farms, museums, attractions, really, I could go on and on.  Sure it has had it ups and downs, but as do most places.   However now, we have come to a new chapter in our lives.  Rather than moving south, God has a different plan for us.  We are relocating to Madison, Wisconsin.  Yes, it is a far cry from the south but we are looking forward to this new adventure together.  As we told the boys, Madison has lots of lakes, farms, and I am sure plenty of new snow activities that we can try this winter.  

Every new adventure brings a roller coaster of emotions, especially when you have kids.  There is a quote from Hope Floats that says it best, "Beginnings are usually scary, endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts.  So when you find yourself at the beginning,  just give hope a chance to float up, and it will."

So instead of being sad about saying goodbye to our lives here in Ohio, we will look to our new life in Wisconsin and say Hello!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


4 comments:

Carmella Cange said...

Hey Liz! I heard from Kevin that he had accepted a job in Madison. I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be to do all that you will have to do for the move! You are amazing, I love following your blog and I'm sure you and the boys will have a great adventure in WI. I hope you are all happy there. I have enjoyed meeting you and am so grateful for our family photos that capture such major milestones for us, you are really talented at your 'hobby'! I'll keep watching your fmaily flourish through your blog. Good luck with the move! ~Carmella

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have been reading your blog for a while now and can't believe you will be moving to Madison because- that is where I live! I just graduated college and will be moving to Milwaukee however, Madison is AWESOME! I'm sure you will absolutely fall in love with the city and everything else Wisconsin has to offer. It wont be long until you are cheering on the Packers (they are hard not to fall in love with) as well as the Badgers and Brewers! I'm sure the boys will be excited to know they will be living only an hour away from the water park capital of the world :)

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Carmella! You are so sweet! Yes, it is a bit overwhelming thinking of the move. I have been decluttering and getting the house ready to put on the market. I think the move will be good for us once we are there and settled. It was so nice meeting you as well. Please keep in touch. I would love to see how your boys are growing!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for the well wishes. I am a little nervous and stressed about the move but I know it will all work out. Thank you for all of the suggestions, I will definitely have to explore once we are settled.