Monday, June 16, 2014

Strawberry Picking


One of our favorite summer traditions is going strawberry picking as a family.  The boys and I love being outside as much as possible.  Kevin's parents were in town on Friday so I thought this would be a great outing for us.  Despite the cold winter and late snow, the strawberries were perfect!



This was the first year that Leyton was able to help pick too.


Well, I am not sure how much picking he did but I do know he did a whole lots of tasting!  This precious boy was eating nonstop!  His hands were covered with strawberry juice, his outfit was was stained red and he was having the best time.


Holden and Ryan were busying picking the best of the crop with their grandparents.


I knew it would not be long before they were tasting for "quality control" as well.

 

We ended up picking 11 pounds of strawberries. In other words, lots of yummy treats to come.


As we were leaving, we headed over to the asparagus farm.  The boys headed out to the fields and stocked up on asparagus.


Thankfully Holden and Rylan love asparagus as much as I do.

It was a perfect day for us out in the country.

No comments: