Saturday, August 30, 2014

Everyday Joys {Week 34}


Week 34 was a week of emotions.  Saying our farewells to friends, the stress of our house in Ohio, and the overwhelming amount of changes to come.  I saw a devotional verse that said, "It takes the same amount of energy to believe as it does to worry. You can use your energy to worry or you can spend that same energy saying, "Father, thank you that you're suppling all my needs."  It is easier said than done but I am trying to remember that God has a plan for our family.  Here are just a few of our joys that we are thankful for this week.

I had a million things I needed to do today but somehow I got talked into going to the pool instead.  From the looks on their faces, I suppose it was a good decision for us all.  {August 20}


With our final days in Ohio approaching, we are making our rounds to say farewell to friends.  The Heap's are such great friends and we will miss them dearly.  "Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting." -Peter Pan {August 21}


Celebrated birthdays early…


After 5 years, new babies, lots of drama, and plenty of laughs, we said our farewells to our sweet neighbors that we are lucky to call friends.  I will miss our impromptu driveway playdates and popsicles  but most of all I will miss our friends. {August 22}


As we were driving into Wisconsin, the song "Home" came on the radio.  I thought the lyrics were fitting for today.

"Hold on to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home"  {August 23}


Checked on the progress of our prairie cottage.  Many decisions made today from countertops to moldings…gosh it is overwhelming but so exciting.  {August 24}


Stopped by the boys school this morning to drop off paperwork  and take a look around.  School starts next week and I can not believe that we have a Kindergartner and a 3rd Grader this year. {August 25}


We were out exploring this afternoon.  We found a beautiful park with a great splash pad.  It was a win-win for us all.  {August 26}


No comments: