Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Just another day in the snow


The boys were out of school on Monday for Teacher Inservice.  And after a week of passing around a cough/congestion/fever/yuckiness through our family we were really not up for doing too much on our day off.  The morning started off with a gorgeous sunrise.


I am sure you are going to get sick of pictures of sunrise and sunsets from me but seriously, I have never seen such sights in all my life.  Each morning we have a spectacular sunrise.  Not sure if it is where we are located or if it is the open field we have behind us that allows us to see such beauty each day but either way, it never grows old.  Soon after the sunrise, the sky clouded up and snow began to fall.  With the new fallen snow, the boys and I decided to go sledding.  The hill we found was SUPER fast!


Holden and Rylan loved it, Leyton, not so much.  The older two race each other several times, while I pulled Leyton around in the sled.  This was more his speed.


When we got back home we cleared the driveway once again...


and Rylan tried to spray me with snow.



He is a stinker.  So what we thought was going to be a boring day off from school, quickly turned into a day filled with sledding, playing in the snow, shoveling, ice skating and oh, lots of laundry for me.  Not a bad way start to the week.

No comments: